on milestones

Today, I write from Melbourne. Home. Where I turned 18, 21... and 25 yesterday.

When I turned 18, I'd just started uni.

All I wanted (then) was to do well in my studies and have a job lined up after graduation.

Am I where I thought I'd be when I turned 25? Am I who I thought I'd be?

.....

Seven years. Countless milestones. I could never write about it all, nor do I wish to.

I moved to Lund, Sweden and back, graduated from uni and moved to Canberra.

By the time I turned 23, I had worked for three Prime Ministers.

I met my first love and first heartbreak. I wandered the streets of New York. I wrote, changed jobs (twice), moved homes (another three times) and struggled through a second adolescence.

Soundtrack: Kate Miller-Heidke, Lykke Li, Florence + the Machine, Kimbra, Lana Del Rey...


Thank you for being with me every step of the way

and bring on the next five years xo

Popular Posts