A few of my favourite things... (in 2013)

Animal  peacock

From sightings in Red Hill (photo evidence, ha!) to dates at The Elk & Pea and Parlour Wine Room, the peacock has been a recurring motif this year...







Cocktail  Sweet Sayang (Soju Girl)

Luscious, citrus-y dessert in cocktail form. I don't have a photo unfortunately so this description from Soju Girl's website will have to do: 16 Galliano amaretto, fresh mandarin and a touch of lemon, lovingly blended with a whisper of orange blossom water for a truly decadent experience.


Concert  Sarah Blasko

Brilliantly shiver-inducing... such a beautiful voice and so humble! I was lucky to attend with eight friends :)

For a sample of her music:


Song  'Bridges' by BROODS

Ok, picking one song is difficult but this is my current favourite.


Other favourite songs  'Freedom' by Emma Louise, 'Young and Beautiful' by Lana Del Rey, 'The Suburbs' (Arcade Fire cover) by Mr Little Jeans, 'A World Alone' and 'Buzzcut Season' by Lorde, 'Human' by Daughter, 'Given The Chance' by The Kite String Tangle, and 'Zimbabwe' (Flume Remix) by New Navy...

Author  Alain de Botton

I really like his style of writing... poetically descriptive without being overly wordy. I've finished three books  'Essays in Love', 'The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work' and 'How Proust Can Change Your Life'  and I'm starting a fourth.

Popular Posts