My third visitor

As the year rushes toward its end, my darling mum visited me in the last week of July. It was the first time I was a proper 'host' as even when they visited me in Lund, my family stayed in a hotel on the other side of town.

She occupied herself with exploring Canberra - the 'Parliamentary Triangle' (day 1), Civic (day 2) and Dickson/Civic (day 3) - while I was at work. On the weekend, we went to the National Arboreteum and Fyshwick Markets.


I admit to taking my parents for granted at times and apologise for doing so. It was comforting having Mum around (again) but before I knew it, I was sending her to the airport (again)... I like to think living away from home has made me appreciate my family more, especially after reading this other blog.

The fact that we are close is what allows me to live away from home. I love the following line in particular because I identify with it completely:
It’s our closeness that made me a person who is independent and curious, to take opportunities to veer a little bit off the course of what’s expected. 
I'd like to work overseas (one day) but until then, here suits me just fine :)

Popular Posts