What the Water Gave Me

Firstly, thank you Florence + the Machine for inspiring the title of this post.



This song caught my eye on the first CD I picked up and also happens to be a favourite when I applied for grad programs last year - making it even more meaningful! Knowing how much I love quiet moments reflecting by the water, Lake Burley Griffin was always going to hold a special place in my heart.


And it does... I spent three afternoons by the lake just before and after my birthday. I can never remember what goes through my mind but I know they are moments of temporary escape from the hustle and bustle of reality.


I find it difficult to put into words but I forget everything when I watch the ripples and light reflect upon the water. All I feel is the sun and breeze... Knowing this won't last forever makes it all the precious. It is a true gift.

Popular Posts