Spectacular by Night (9 March 2013)

I took these photos almost two weeks ago but haven't been able to share them until now...

Observing the girl beside me bicker light-heartedly with her brother made me think nostalgically of my family. It was the first time I'd seen so many kids in Canberra!

Watching the hot-air balloons light up against the night sky was yet another magical experience. I was surprised at how quickly they inflated (and deflated) and was torn between taking photos and simply watching in wonder. I've been fascinated with hot-air balloons since a primary school project...


It is my dream to ride in a hot-air balloon one day but for now, I will settle with watching them launch several metres from me. If you look closely at the photo below, you will notice a trapeze artist hanging from each balloon... an unexpected bonus!

As I've mentioned to a few friends, there is always plenty to keep me occupied on the weekend - film festivals, dinner parties, vintage fair, book fair, Enlighten Canberra, Skyfire, laundry, grocery shopping - which makes the two days pass all the more quickly! I wish my weekends were just a bit longer...




Popular Posts