A few of my favourite things... (in 2014)

It's that time of the year.
The Best 50 Albums of 2014.


(If that's not enough, BBC Music Sound of 2015 longlist?)


Cocktail - Provençal (Employees Only)

Lavender-infused Plymouth Gin stirred with Herbs de Provence-infused French Vermouth & Cointreau. Sigh...

Song

I'm going to cheat by listing the 10 songs I'll be voting for in triple j's Hottest 100 countdown of 2014.


Album
  • No Mythologies To Follow
  • I Never Learn - Lykke Li
  • The Golden Echo - Kimbra
  • Blue Planet Eyes - The Preatures
  • Down to Earth - Flight Facilities


Book - Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

Not for everyone, I know.

Poetically beautiful in its hopelessness.

That fine line between 'love' and possession.

Fate and choice. Right and wrong.

Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta.
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov - 

Popular Posts