On coincidences...

I am writing this three days to the first-year anniversary of my moving to Canberra... 30 January 2013 was a Wednesday, I remember. 

I remember dates. I graduated from primary school on 13 December and from university 14 December. Maybe it's superstition but I look out for the dates, the numbers, the songs that recur through my life. Common threads.
Those dazzling coincidences that logicians loathe and poets love.
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov -
I associate songs with people, places, moments. I don't think this is unusual.


I spent this weekend dancing to Triple J's Hottest 100 countdown* of 2013 (yesterday) and 2012 (Saturday). I hope music will always be part of my life.

Five of the songs I voted for made the list (yay!) but equally wonderful is hearing other songs you love make the list and discovering new favourites.

So... a little 'musical time capsule' of the songs I enjoyed dancing to the most:

  • 'Get Lucky' {Ft. Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers} by Daft Punk
  • 'Do I Wanna Know?' by Arctic Monkeys 
  • 'Reflektor' by Arcade Fire
  • 'Lose Yourself To Dance' {Ft. Pharrell Williams} by Daft Punk
  • 'Your Body Is A Weapon' by The Wombats 
  • 'Tonight' by RÜFÜS

* triple j's Hottest 100 countdown ("the world's biggest musical democracy") counts down the top 100 songs of the previous year as voted by listeners.

Popular Posts