Day 1, Year 2

And so, we begin the Year of the Horse and my second year in Canberra...

It's almost 10pm and I'm catching the 6.30am (!) flight to Melbourne tomorrow. The mirror image of my 6am (!) drive to Canberra last year.

I haven't packed or booked a taxi but I want to record something of today. This time last year I would not have imagined all that has happened since.

As I told someone very dear to me recently, I feel a lot older than I did a year ago and by that, I mean more than a year older. But the same at heart.

Some things change and some things don't. And that's ok.

Between the ages of twenty and forty we are engaged in the process of discovering who we are, which involves learning the difference between accidental limitations which it is our duty to outgrow and the necessary limitations of our nature beyond which we cannot trespass with impunity.
- W. H. Auden -

Popular Posts