Then and now...

20 January 2000
31 January 2013



There is something bittersweet about old photos. Seeing how much (or little) things have changed, it's like looking into a mirror and seeing someone I don't quite recognise. Of course I know it's me (or at least, used to be) but I think about how much has happened and how far I've come, what I know that I didn't then and importantly, how far I have yet to go...

I wonder where I'll be another thirteen years from now. I'll be 35, which quite frankly feels like a lifetime away! Now in my early twenties, I can't help feeling I'm at a very interesting stage of my life.
In addition to work and domestic life, there are moments when I feel as though I'm laying down the foundations for who I will become. This is not to say my schooling years have had no bearing but it's only now that I'm dipping my toes into the 'real world'...

I know I still have a lot to learn but I'm happy with the direction my life is heading in. Can't believe we're already halfway through the year... might explain why this post has been so introspective. Here's to the next thirteen years xoxo

Popular Posts